Sports & PE Premium
PE AND SPORTS PREMIUM FUNDING
Schools receive PE and sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in Years 1 to 6.
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that the schools should use the premium to:
- Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that the school already offer
- Make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
What is Sports Premium?
The primary PE and sport premium is paid to schools to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils. In the 2023 to 2024 academic year, our aim was to encourage the development of healthy and active lifestyles.
How have we spent the money?
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE.
- Additional ‘Change4Life’ sport clubs.
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE / sport.
- Running sports competitions, or increasing participation in the school games.
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE / sport.
- Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs.
- Providing Year 6 catch up swimming lessons following on from Year 3.
PLANNED SPEND 2023/2024
This academic year our Sports Premium for 2023/24 is £27,644
We will use the money to ensure that all children benefit, regardless of their sporting ability; that the most able children are given the opportunity to compete in advanced tournaments; that staff have access to training opportunities and continued professional development.
Please click on link below for more details on what our plans are for the upcoming year.
Swimming in Year 6
Please note that the information below is swimming in Year 6 in January 2023.
|Number of pupils who can swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres||10|
|Number of pupils who can use a range of strokes effectively||10|
|Number of pupils who can perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations||10|
Impact in 2022/2023
In 2022/2023 our Sports Premium funding total was £24,144
Please click on the link below for more details on the review of the 2022/2023 spend
Impact in 2021/2022
In 2021/2022 our Sports Premium funding total was £19,044
Please click on link below for more details on the review of the 2021/2022 spend.